I’m Deeba Khumar-Chadha, LPC, a licensed Mental Health Service Provider based in Virginia- here to guide you through life’s most complex and difficult matters. I truly care about my patients’ well-being and guarantee top of the line counseling and psychological services catered to their needs.
Since 2012, I have provided a number of specialized therapeutic services to those dealing with challenging life experiences. Patient well-being is my number one priority, and I go above and beyond to help them through all their obstacles. Browsing this website is the best way to know more about the services offered.
My Counseling Approach
I have a Master's degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Marymount University and Doctoral degree in Counselor Education and Supervision. I am Licensed as a Professional Counselor (LPC) and approved supervisor for residents in Counseling in the state of Virginia.
My appoach predominantly is an integration of Client Centered, Cognitive Behavioral therapy (CBT), Interpersonal therapy and Solution Focused therapy. The majority of my experience is working with adults and adolescents with depression, anxiety, postpartum depression, trauma, pre- marital and marital counseling, grief counseling, and career counseling.
Cognitive Behavioral therapy (CBT) is based on the assumption that people experience problems because of their maladaptive patterns of thinking therefore, the main goals of therapy is to change maladaptive/ unhealthy thought patterns into more adaptive/healthy thought patterns using various CBT techniques like cognitive restructuring, reframing, and activity scheduling. In addition to and as part of CBT, I psychoeducate patients about their symptoms to better understand and cope with them. My therapeutic style also involves empathetic listening, encouragement, and establishing trust with patients that helps them share their feelings in the session.
Experience & Accomplishments
- Student of the month, Counseling Today, November 2011 Issue
- CSI Newsletter, Editor 2010-2011, released CSI Newsletter spring edition 2011, Marymount chapter.
- Virginia Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (VACES) Secretary, served as Secretary for the year 2012-2014.
- Executive Board member-Vice President, NVLPC 2022-23
- American Counseling Association, active member of the American Counseling Association since December 2010.
- Virginia Counselors Association, active member of the Virginia Counselors Association since July 2011
- Virginia Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (VACES) since 2010
- Chi Iota Sigma, active member of the Chi Iota Sigma since September 2010. Served as the President CSI 2011-12; served as the editor of the CSI Newsletter Mu Uppsala, Marymount Chapter, September 2010-11.